Pumpkin Tahini Toast
While this pumpkin tahini toast is the perfect solution for leftover roast pumpkin (or sweet potato or even carrots) I’ve been known to make a batch of roast pumpkin specifically to have it on hand for this very combination!
- thick-sliced sourdough or bread of choice
- roast pumpkin, skin removed (approx 1/2 cup flesh)
- crumbled goat cheese
- olive oil
Toast bread and smear with a bit of olive oil. Roughly mash pumpkin and spread over toast.
Drizzle with tahini, top with goat cheese (or chopped cashews and a pinch of salt for a vegan version), sprinkle liberally with dukkah and/or any other seasoning you fancy. Serve.
COOK’S NOTES & SUBSTITUTIONS
- Roast sweet potato, carrot or really any other mash-able vegetable would substitute perfectly for the pumpkin.
- Don’t like or have tahini? Use another nut or seed butter instead.
- Dukkah is a seed, nut and spice blend, you can also use zatar or simply sprinkle with your favourite spices to change up the flavours.
- For a sweet option use a sweet dukkah and swap the goat cheese for coconut yoghurt.
- NATURALLY: vegetarian // soy free // sugar free // nut free
- OPTION FOR: gluten free with gf bread // dairy free & vegan with cashews, vegan cheese or coconut yoghurt