Because sometimes you need-a-cookie-right-now to calm the crazy.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 large ripe pear (approx 1 cup grated)
- 50 g dark 70% chocolate
- pinch sea salt, optional
- two pinches cinnamon, optional
Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F, line a cookie sheet with baking paper.
Grate or mash pear. Chop chocolate as coarsely or finely as you’d like.
Combine oats, pear, salt and cinnamon and mix until a dough is formed. Stir through chocolate. Scoop onto lined tray and flatten slightly if you wish, cookies will not spread in the oven.
Bake 10 mins until just golden and firm. Cool on tray 1 min, move to cool completely on a rack. Eat standing up at counter. Make another batch for anyone else who may have wanted one but wasn’t fast enough.
- Pear can be replaced with 1 cup mashed ripe banana.
- Add sweetener if you wish, add more or less chocolate or use chips if that’s your thing — same for more or less spice. Replace chocolate with dried fruit if you’re that person, add a spoonful of nut butter or tahini.
- Don’t tell me these don’t taste like your mom’s oatmeal cookies that take three times longer and three times the ingredients, if you want those make those. (Sorry, I may need a cookie.)
vegan // vegetarian // gluten-free with gf oats // dairy-free // refined sugar-free //
nut-free // soy-free