Green Chile and Cheese Cornbread
YIELD 16 SERVINGS
- 3 eggs
- 5 tablespoons melted butter, unsalted
- 1 cup buttermilk, shaken
- 1 cup creamed corn (canned)
- 1- 4 oz can chopped green chiles (mild)
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cups cornmeal
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheese, Coby jack or Cheddar
- Place the rack in center of oven and pre heat to 350 degrees.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Add melted butter, buttermilk, creamed corn and green chiles. Mix until all ingredients are blended well.
- Add the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold the wet and dry ingredients together just until incorporated.
- Grease a 9×13 pan and pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the top of the batter with grated cheese.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until cornbread springs back when touched or a toothpick inserted int he center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.