Green Smoothie, Sweet Potato & Granola Bowl
A smooth and only slightly sweet green smoothie, all dressed up with roasted veg and crunchy muesli. What a great start to the day.
- 1 large handful baby spinach
- ½ orange, peeled
- 1 thin-skinned cucumber
- ½ avocado, divided
- ½ cup roasted sweet potato cubes
- ½ cup toasted muesli or granola
- 2 tsp bee pollen, optional
Blend baby spinach and the orange until very smooth. Add cucumber and half the avocado and blend again. Thin smoothie with water, juice or milk of choice if desired.
Tip smoothie into a bowl, top with roasted sweet potato, granola, bee pollen and remaining avocado.
- Slice up the other half of the orange, dice some apple or add a few strawberries to the bowl toppings if you’re craving fruit.
- If you can’t find a thin-skinned cucumber (ie Lebanese), peel before blending.
- The toasted muesli I had in the cupboard was loaded with puffs and seeds but no nuts so I added a few cashews too.
- Smoothie can be enriched with a scoop of pea protein powder, or sweetened with half a banana.
vegan // vegetarian // gluten-free // dairy-free // refined sugar-free // nut-free // soy-free